WestWard 3: Gold Rush is the third edition of this already classic series. The game develops in the Northern California at the time when gold is discovered and a fever is triggered. Once again you will be representing one of three possible pioneers of the region who have to build their settlements while defending it from bandits. This will be like getting inside of one of those classic and famous far West Hollywood movies. Only here you will be able to create your own story as you play the game.
The game is pretty complex in terms of activities and characters so it will provide a long term entertainment experience, which makes it a good “investment”. While the game is complex in the terms commented it’s not difficult to get started since it provides a tutorial and an online help information page. You’ll be able to control your character with your mouse or keyboard, and sometimes with a combination of both.
The first time you enter the game you’ll have to enter a player name and them you will be reaching the main menu with the followings options on it:
- Profile: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- New Game: to start playing the game with the help of a tutorial at first, after viewing a short introduction.
- Continue and Load Game: available once you’ve started a game.
- Help: to trigger an online help page.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can configure some game options.
- Trophies, Credits and Exit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Pentium III or better (1.0 GHz Vista)
- 256 MB System RAM (512 MB Vista)
- 32MB Video RAM
- DirectX 9.0
- Internet Explorer 5.0+, AOL 5,6 or MSN browsers
- Direct-X 9 (10 Vista)
- Keyboard & mouse required
- Joystick and game pad
- It offers a tutorial in the first level to teach you how to play
- It’s available for an affordable price
- It offers a long term entertainment
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported